Panera Bread - 3 Inch Sandwich

(I wrote this to Panera a week ago and never received a response back from them)

I love panera especially the asiago roast beef and the chicken soup. Today when I went there for my lunch break and picked up a meal for me and one for a co-worker. I called it in for pick up and gave her my order. I picked up, paid for the orders and when I got into my car and looked at my sandwich it looked a little small. I opened my asiago roast beef sandwich and saw that they gave me half of a half of sandwich. Its exactly 3 inches in length and I asked for mustard on the sandwich which was not on there. I can care less for the mustard, I paid $9.62 for a large bowl of soup and a 3 inch sandwich. Its literally 3 inches long and a piece of a slice of roast beef (not a full slice of roast beef but a small piece of a slice). I went back in the store to let them know that they made an error making my sandwich and showed them the lousy excuse for a sandwich they gave me and they all stared at me and one of them finally said that "that's how we make our sandwiches now." I simply walked out and gave no trouble. I came back to my desk and showed all my co-workers and they were surprised. A few of them said they are never eating there again if that's how the sandwiches are now. I took pictures of the meal and I don't complain at all because I have a life. But this was like a SLAP in the face. Everyone in the office is telling me to take a pictures and complain to you guys which I am doing. I could have gotten a decent size meal for $9.62. I used to love panera until today. I'm not trying to make a big thing of this, I just want to this to be corrected, but if 3 inches of bread and a piece of a slice of roast beef is all I get for a half sandwich and that's your new policy, then I will let everyone know so they wont make the same mistake and I have pictures to show. I will also post this picture on your Facebook page for proof. Please reply.

More Review Details

Helpful? 31 Yes 31 25 No 25
Had the same issue 15 Yes 15
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Lil flower

Mar 22 #962074 Yellow Springs, Ohio

That's not even a sandwich. You're giving them too much credit.

0 1 Reply

Mar 22 #962078 Yellow Springs, Ohio

You are not even a human are you ?

1 0 Reply
liza

Oct 26, 2014 #890779 Seattle, Washington

Me too, hardly any meat on the sandwich. I'll continue to buy the soups but no more rip off sandwiches!

1 1 Reply
Goomba

Sep 30, 2014 #877528 Knoxville, Tennessee

Thank you. I've had trouble with this chain, too, but never had a camera handy. They used to be OK but not since the greed factor took over.

1 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Panera Bread.
Filing a new complaint about
×