Buffalo, New York
1.9K views

Today, I ate dinner at a corporate Panera Bread Cafe (#1397)in Williamsville, NY. The delicious piece of baguette bread that used to be offered with a meal has been replaced with a soft dinner roll.

The quality of the dinner roll as a bread product is inferior in every way to the baguette.

Please bring back baguette bread to Panera diners!

bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread

• Panera baguette bread

Comments

Baguettes are available if you request to have instead of a roll. The rolls aren't greasy.

They're good, softer than the baguette!!! The whole grain baguette is no longer available.

I agree. Do not want te dinner roll bring back the bread. May stop getting salad

Horrible "roll" for substitute baguette!!! Roll tastes like a stale 99 cent package at a discount store.

I will NOT continue to eat there if they don't serve the baguette with lunches.....hope they hear the voices of their customers.....

bad bad move on their part! Nasty roll!

Follow the money. Franchises want to cut costs.

Panera wants to sell"artisan" bread and probably charges more to franchise for baguette. Compromise is only give if asked for by client. Or franchise just "runs out" of baguette.

I will stop going to Panera if they stop having the baguette available. There's plenty of other places to eat!

They have the baguette. You just have to tell them you want that instead. I had no problems getting one today with my soup.

The dinner roll is sooooo delicious!!

ANYONE can do a dinner roll. The baguette was a big part of what made Panera special.

Say it with me now: Bring back the baguette!

Bring back the baguette! Bread bread bread bread bread bread bread ....

Same in Saginaw, MI. Said they are no longer offered.

Same in Manalapan NJ. Seems like it's being phased in, as the restaurant in Silver Spring MD was still serving baguettes last week when I was there on business.

Pathetic substitute. Bring back the baguette.

I can get a styro-roll anywhere. The bread quality was an important differentiator for me.

Omg I have to agree the dinner roll is inferior! Please make the baguette bread standard with salads not a greasy dinner roll that leaves a nasty taste in your mouth.

New policy baguette by request only soon to be purchase only! The rolls are terrible. I may stop going to paneras now.

You know they will give you a baguette instead of you ask.

@logic 101

That was only for a limited time. No more.

They were probably out you psyco. Take your meds already...

@Louis

I had the same problem! I asked for the baguette instead and they said they are discontinued!