Port Jefferson Station, New York

Visited your Port Jefferson Station Café (4077) for the first time on 5/29/2014. The store was clean and seemed to be organized.

The order taker was very pleasant and helpful. I ordered a cobblestone pastry which the display indicated was new and improved. I bought one with a cup of coffee. The pastry was horrible.

I think it was in the display case to long, because it was tough. I usually enjoy going to Panera's, because I always know I will get quality food and service. This past visit was a big disappointment.

I hope my next experience will be better.

Product or Service Mentioned: Panera Bread Coffee.

Comments

I purchased 3 loaves of cobblestone bread at Wal-Mart. I found mouse turds stuck to the slices.

I was so mad, and I ate bread out of that loaf.

I did not find the turds until I hit the middle of the loaf. Cobblestone should be shut down.

It's also not a pastry- it's a sweet roll- ie made it with their cinnamon raisin bread, apples, and streusel....so it WOULD be more like bread then a flaky pastry. That's not tough or stale...that's just the product- bread is not going to taste like a cupcake or pastry.

Do you mean the pastry was dry or tough? There is a difference.

Being in the display case too long wouldn't make it tough, but it could make it dry. That being said you did say, the display said "new and improved." That would mean the recipe had been changed.