Allergens Information
Cleanliness
Quality of Food

Update by user Jun 29

This Panera Bread location is at Colonnade Place off Six Forks Road, Raleigh, NC.

Original review posted by user Jun 29

Last month I went job hunting, Panera Bread was on my list of employers.I filled out a paper application and spoke with the manager on duty.

He advised me to "come by at 2 PM this Thursday" for an interview. I was all psyched and amped up for this interview, especially where this manager knew one of my colleagues. (I asked the latter to put in a good word for me.) So the interview went great...big smile on, upbeat answers. The manager seemed pleased, he said he was forwarding my application to the District Manager and said "The DM will call you at 2 PM this Saturday to talk about your application." WOW!!!

Usually this means they're serious--right?? Come Saturday, 2 PM...no call. 2:15 PM...no call. I put off all errands until I got to speak with the DM.

Then 3:00 came along. My husband suggested, "Why not call them and find out what's up?" I did...to be told "..the District Manager isn't here." ????? Called the store the next day...again, no DM. It's Monday and I'm a little irked so I go to the store to learn what the *** is going on.

After waiting 15 minutes, I was told by the assistant mgr that "the mgr who interviewed me said, 'The DM chose to hire another person.' " "But he promised we'd talk about my role as an employee! Can't I speak to him?" The assistant ignored me, started ringing customers for a few minutes. When it got slow, I asked, "How long are applications kept on file?" She ran out to the dishroom...to get the answer..she's a mgr with no clue.. Then I saw a group of trainee employees...they were all mentally retarded (I'm not being mean here)...

STAY AWAY!DON'T APPLY TO THESE SCAM ARTISTS AND LIARS!!!!

Review about: Panera Bread Manager.

Reason of review: Other issue.

Had an Experience with Panera Bread?

Comments

GETREAL101

First of all, the District Managers don't work out of the cafes.They work out of their corporate offices.

The person you're speaking of would have been the General Manager. They use paper applications? All of the other locations, you have to go online and fill out everything, including the personality test. Then once submitted, it goes to their main office, then gets forwarded to the store for review.

Then a possible call back. That store seems assbackwards.

Seems you got the short end of the stick all the way around.Sorry you had to go thru all of that.

"Then I saw a group of trainee employees...they were all mentally retarded (I'm not being mean here)..."

thats uncalled for in what WAS a productive review

BettyLRL
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States #1345271

All I want is honesty, why couldn't they have had the guts to keep their word about calling?I'm a big girl, I can handle bad news when it's up front and personal.

Any manager who's too scared to deliver bad news is a crooked coward not worth the time.That's my 2 cents.