Panera Bread - Nearly 10 minutes to make a breakfast sandwich

468 of 565 Panera Bread reviews

Update added by user Dec 11, 2014

Panera resolved this and gave me money on my card. I have seen better service over the last couple of months. I would like to mark this issue as resolved.

Original review posted by user Oct 27, 2014

I ordered from a very nice cashier at 7:57am the new eggwhite avocado spinach sandwich and a large coffee.I overheard the two preparers what bread does the avocado go on, and they had to make 6 new eggs.

The ten orders behind got there oatmeals and other egg sandwiches. Really? I may overlook the oatmeal, and there had been a large order coming through, but what incensed me was that my red order was pulled off the *** and my readout on the order was 8:02am. I observed 8:05am and confirmed the time with another customer.

Not even acknowledging "sorry your order is taking so long, is there anything else we can get you?" Or "hey we have not been trained on this new sandwich we are working the kinks out." Nothing. I have noticed the 10+ minute order at this Panera for at least 6 months. What has changed? I am no longer going back to this location.

McDonald's or home-made.I'm done.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Quality of Food

• What I liked
    • Friendly and helpful cashiers
  • What I disliked
    • Order takes too long and deceptive

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Avocado Spinach Sandwich
Review category
Cafes, Restaurants and Bars
review #550945 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Panera Bread? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 5 No 5
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
468 of 565 Panera Bread reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 09 #1156250

It looks like they got some money out of their "complaint" which is clearly all they were after since now the 10 minute wait was no big deal at all and they consider everything "resolved." Lol!

0 0 Reply

Oct 14, 2015 #1047895

I make 9.75 an hour. Ten minutes of my time is worth nearly $1.63 psh they best pay up I can't help that I'm a baller baby not like you other cogs just born in bags! Time is money! Off to the playas club losers.............

3 1 Reply

Oct 11, 2015 #1046240

Boo hoo, what a *** tragedy.

1 0 Reply

Jun 18, 2015 #996556 Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Panera makes eggs fresh not frozen. Generally they cook the eggs and egg whites seperate. Egg whites take longer to cook. If it was during a breakfast rush they might be backed up. The egg white cook time is about 2:30 ish plus the the panini press which is about 1:30. Add that to a couple orders on the screen with only one or two people on the line the times get higher. An oatmeal can be cooked in the microwave in under 2 mins and served. Some mornings are busier than others. You should always respect the people who serve your food.

8 0 Reply
spotalbert

Dec 21, 2014 #919356 Franklin, Tennessee, United States

You waited ten whole minutes for food? Seriously? Have you nothing else to complain about? Talk about first-world problems...

19 6 Reply

Apr 28, 2015 #977679

Agreed. "I had to wait 10 minutes for my order!"
Go kill yourself.

7 7 Reply
KevinRichards

Sep 23, 2015 #1038237

The person posting this is a child and thinks that you can just wave a wand and food magically appears, she does not know it needs to be prepared.

9 2 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.