I HATE, HATE, HATE the new lettuce mix now being used for the Fuji Apple Chicken Salad. It is extremely bitter and not a good compliment to the salad.

The Fuji Apple Chicken Salad has been my favorite "comfort food" and I have been a loyal customer to Panera for many years. Unfortunately, I probably won't be eating at Panera again unless something changes with the lettuce mix. The company should at least give customers the chance to opt out of this BITTER lettuce mix!

In fact, why not allow customers a choice of lettuce mixes for the salads - keep a standard set and then allow people to choose.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Panera Bread. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Panera Bread.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Cafes, Restaurants and Bars category for more informed decision or compare Panera Bread to other companies on our site.

Comments

We ate at Panera today and had the Fuji Apple Chicken salad. The lettuce mix was so bitter we wouldn’t order it again. It was my favorite but no more

Yorkville, Illinois, United States #1170432

Well... This horrible Lettuce mix reared it's ugly face in the Chicagoland area.

Yuck! The former blend was perfect, soft, and so yummy!

Now this new blend is hard, bitter and not at all pleasing. Highly dissatisfied and I don't want to sub it with romaine lettuce wither, I liked the arugula spinach mix.

I totally agree. What a shock today when my favorite salad was my take home dinner.

Picture me scrapping cheese and pecans off the bitter greens and cutting romaine and remaking my salad. At least they didn't change the dressing. I won't buy this again. And the friend I always come with had a classic salad last week with same greens.

She tried the citrus chicken salad today and found it very different from the Asian sesame salad. Count us as two down!

You can request romain be used in the fuji apple salad or even go half and half to even it out