Saint Paul, Minnesota
2.3
Cleanliness

I spent time in a Panera, being retired. Good people to visit with, time to spare.

I've always had one complaint, if you can call it that. You walk into a bakery, and ther is NO smell of baked bread. So I've asked many stores, and asked the baker that question. NO response whatsoever.

I wrote to Panera Corporate, and received NO response. The question is, what are we eating, if it doesnt smell of the product it actually is? How can bread, with the smell we get at home, have no smell in a bakery? I want to know what they're using to make the bread.

I'm paying for it, I deserve an answer.

Is there a reason Panera is mute on the subject? Jim

Product or Service Mentioned: Panera Bread Bread.

Panera Bread Pros: Atmosphere, Staff is upbeat all the time.

Comments

I actually work at a Panera location, and the only reason I could think of would be that the bakers come in from 9pm to 5am and bake the bread. On top of that, the bread is baked in the very back of the store, so if you cannot smell it, it may be for one of those reasons, unless your Panera does things differently than mine.

The reason some of them in the front don't say anything is probably because they don't know what to say, but as for the baker, I don't know his or her excuse. Hope this helped!