Summerville, South Carolina

I am so sad the recipe has changed for their orange scones. I could see the size and shape was different, but I was hoping they still tasted the same.

Unfortunately, they don’t taste the same. They are not as tasty. There is less flavor, and the texture is different. I used to go out of my way to find a Panera to get their orange scones.

I am so sad I won’t be doing that any longer. Please change them back!

Product or Service Mentioned: Panera Bread Orange Scone Dessert.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments

Yes, I agree. The Orange Scones are NOT the same.

They are smaller and not as moist as they used to be. Plus you still pay the same price if not more. The recipe is different. It is so depressing something that was so good and popular got changed because some bushy-tailed newbie thought it was time.

DUMB MOVE PANERA. By removing some of the best pastries ever (which also includes the Pecan Roll and Chocolate Pastry) you have angered and upset your die-hard customer base to leaving this establishment and never returning. This is not only true for the bakery menu, but also for their food menu items which keep getting removed and replaced with new ones. Stick to what works and what people like.

That is what has made Panera successful over time.

Before long, you will end of going out-of-business. Then everybody will be sad.