New York, New York

I purchased a container of Panera Napa Style Chicken Salad with Red Grapes & Almonds. A few hours later, my stomach was churning and I felt sick to my stomach.

This lasted all night. When I woke up, I threw out what little was left of it. I smelled the container and it smelled spoiled. But it had not expired.

I happen to love eating this and have purchased it before several times.

Bottom line is, I think Panera should ADD SOME PRESERVATIVES, at least ONE preservative to their PACKAGED products.

I am so horrified by the stories of people getting violently ill from Salmonella poisoning. Although I see they pride themselves on adding NO Preservatives, I would hate to see them being sued for lack of it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Panera Bread Salad.

Comments

...I for one am glad they don't add preservatives. I'd rather get a little sick, than get cancer from some chemically manufactured preservative.

@BrotherWitch

Abso-freakin-lutely... Panera is known for their high quality breads, baked fresh daily, on premises, and preservative and additive free!

Does it say there are no preservatives? For lunch today I had a peanut butter sandwich and about an hour later, I started feeling sick to my stomach.