3.3K views 43 comments
3.2

I have been going to Panera Bread for a few years now. One thing I have found is that while the prices have risen, the portion sizes have shrunk considerably.

Recently, I ordered a You Pick Two combination of one small cup of soup and a teeny tiny turkey half sandwich. All together this cost me almost $10.00. With no drink. A few years back it was cheaper and portions were larger.

Bakery items are expensive too. If I buy a small coffee and a Danish, that is over $5.00 right there. Yes, they give you a choice of a "side" (apple, chips or baguette) and you can get some perks from their Panera Card but it is still expensive to eat there. Within the last year, a Tip box showed up on the counter where you order.

The sign on it says, "Tips not expected but appreciated". If I have to spend that much on food there, nobody is getting a tip believe me.

Product or Service Mentioned: Panera Bread Soup.

Reason of review: Overall prices and portions.

Comments

I just went to Panera today. Now, all their bagels are $1.39.

The whole grain bagel went from $1.05 to $1.39, a 32% increase.

A hot tea is $2.19, and a little tub of peanut butter is $.79 cents. Time to find somewhere else for breakfast.

I just ordered a grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of soup with a drink. I definitely would not have come here if I knew it was going to be $18 for that.

The bread crust is hard and the bread is chewy.

I wish I could post pictures. I paid $18 for a sandwich that tastes horrible.

@Anonymous

You could have eaten a soup and sandwich at the Salvation Army soup kitchen for free of charge. Them, you could have used that $18 to buy yourself a half a rack of beer and a pack of smokes.

Masyn
@Anonymous

If you're getting a free meal from the Salvation Army you better not be able to afford beer and cigarettes.

Boo

Smart Customers ought to boycott Panera Bread. Has become a slow, small portioned, poor service, price ripoff place. Recommend full country BOYCOTT.

Ridiculously small portions .. done

I absolutely agree. They claim its because of the quality of their food but even their soft drinks are up in price.

Unless they have a better batch of soda than McDonald's that's a load of crock.

I used to love their you mick two but not only are the portion size down now but there is no savings in choosing it anymore. Absolutely ridiculous!

Completely agree. Not only are the prices MUCH higher, they do not deliver the food to your table anymore. I'm DONE with Panera.

#1720416

A Turkey Bravo sandwich and Greek salad with chicken no drinks $19.14. And the salad seemed half the size of when they used to serve them in the box Goodbye Panera

Outrageous prices! Pick 2, turkey sandwich and Fuji apple salad, small iced tea, and cookie was $17.50!

@Anonymous

Turkey meat was historically stacked enough to fill a stomach. Last time, 1 slice of moderatelt thick meat which covered only half the bread!

Freakin absurd $12.00 for just sandwitch.

I'm still into my complete boycott of PB. ONLY STUPID PEOPLE LOSE THEIR MONEY TO THIS STORE.

I was surprised that my total for a You Pick 2 and drink was $14. I can get a larger sandwich for less at local shops—which I’ll be supporting from now on.

@Anonymous

Agreed! Just got a small cup of soup and it is way smaller than before.....even their bag of Panera chips got smaller!

Can’t stand their “real fuuuud” commercials!

Save your money and go elsewhere for a much better deal. Panera the Ripoff Joint!

Just left Panera purchased 1/2 grilled cheese tomato panini-cheese bits in sandwich weren’t melted-tomato was not a fresh tomato-greasy disgusting-$6.39 please!!!! That’s for 1/2 of a sandwich-forgot to say I got a bag of chips.....

Agree. My boyfriend just spent over $30 on small bowl of soup, sandwich, 2 small Mac and cheese and drinks! Never again..

Prices are insane! $28 for 1 sandwich and pick a 2 (my son and I are splitting it) and 3 soft drinks!

Smaller portions, slow service, dirty tables, and high prices. No thanks!

40-60 cent increase on breakfast sandwiches, bowls of soup, and sandwiches. Not happy !!! 6/19/2019

Cookies went up. Used to be 6 for $6.19 They left an old sign out so I made them honor that price. Now they charge 4 for $6.19 Greedy ***

Definitely lost me as a customer forever. 1 full sandwich and a coup of sound comes up for $16.50 - you must be out of your mind!

Panera Bread Reviews