1203 North Loop 1604 W, San Antonio, TX 78258, USA
4.1
Allergens Information
Cleanliness
Quality of Food

I woke up New Year’s Day 2018 much like any other only a bit later than usual. I proceeded to Panera Bread (Cafe 4450) as I knew they stopped serving breakfast at either 10:30 or 11:00 am.

(Have been successful in the past as late as 10:35 am). I hurried in my vehicle and walked up to the register and started my order with an Egg and Cheese sandwich. The cashier appeared ready to accept the order when a co-worker (I beleive Angela is her name and she was a manager on duty) said to the cashier, “We are not taking breakfast orders anymore, it is 10:30.” I stood there somewhat stunned and awaiting a reason why only to never get eye contact. In the past, they would either honor the request or let me know they no longer had eggs available to fulfill the order...

I then proceeded to buy a bagel and danish only because my wife and son were relying on me for breakfast. (Who later told me they prefer them from Starbucks anyway, and I should have just left.). I myself went to McDonalds instead for a breakfast sandwich. I am not someone who gets mad easily or enjoys conflict, and I was also slow to respond and tired because it was New Years morning.

Yet on reflection, I realized she had easily ruined my first New Years morning as I was looking forward to something I get regularly.

I felt it important to provide this feedback on someone who could learn to be more curtious and respectful to customers. I called the store and they let me know her name was Angela.

Product or Service Mentioned: Panera Bread Manager.

Preferred solution: Feedback provided.

Panera Bread Cons: Customer service.

• General Manager Attitude

Comments

You needed another reason for why they stopped serving breakfast at 10:30? If you had bothered to read the fine print on the breakfast menu, it clearly states, 10:30 breakfast ends.

11am on weekends. So don’t get your britches in a bunch when you didn’t get what you wanted. No need to get pissy with the manager either.

It’s your own fault you didn’t get there earlier to avoid this problem, NOT Panera’s. I love when people push blame onto others, when it’s quite clear it’s your own.

h.kitchener

Perhaps you haven't heard, but your wife could easily make breakfast at home for the family instead of requiring you to drive somewhere to buy it. Just a thought.

I guess "Angela's" first NY's morning has been ruined too, as there is now a complaint against her on a public website.

#1412053

The manager wore glasses.

#1412049

After looking at my receipt more closely, it appears the cashier’s name was Angela and she too wore glasses. I was told when I called the managers name was Angela, which leads me to think, it was either another Angela or she was not named Angela.

My receipt time is 10:31:45 and order number is 373. I looked at my phone and it was 10:30 exact at the time of the above mentioned incident.

#1442076
@Brian

You're arguing less than a minute. Honestly, its hilarious.

The receipt time said 10:31:45, like you said. 10:31 happens after 10:30.

Breakfast ends at 10:30. Lunch starts at 10:30:01 Glad we had this lesson about time.