24133 Southland Dr, Hayward, CA 94545, USA
1.4
Cleanliness
Quality of Food
Poster decreased review rating.

I've been going to this bakery from day one and I've seen how it evolved from good service to worst. I was just there two days ago, September 21, 2018 at 7:27 a.m., buying bagels for an early meeting at work.

As expected, there was one person in the counter taking orders. I stood in line and when it was my turn to order, I asked to the person to please place the bagel in a catering box, and she replied that she'll check first because there might not be any. After 5 minutes of checking, she came back to the counter and by this time there were already 7 people behind me. One shouted, "Can you put one more person in the counter!", which didn't get any reaction from any of your workers.

It's as if they are used to it. I told the order taker to please hurry because I'm already late for work and she slowly started slicing and putting the bagels inside the box. As I'm simultaneously counting the bagels, I noticed that it's missing one so I brought it to her attention. She said with a smirk on her face, 'No, there's 18 there.' I kept quiet and let her finish my order.

After paying, I laid the box in one of the tables and counted the bagels and sure enough it's missing a bagel, so I went back to the counter and told her. She gave me one bagel.

I know it's only one bagel, but it's one thing to be subjected to a very poor customer service, but it's another thing when you're being short-changed. I truly believe that they should look into this Hayward store and change the manager and give their staff training in customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Panera Bread Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Ongoing problem needs new management.

Comments

What might help you here, is to place large orders on line a day or two before you pick up. Either as a rapid pickup (the app) or catering (online).

Always make sure you get what you asked for before you leave the store. Also, bagel packs are offered, 13 bagels come in a pack. I think you may also get a pick of cream cheese tubs. As far as people yelling out to get more people to work, yeah, well not all stores have employees that can come in that early.

In addition, not everyone is cross trained, so no need for that behavior. And not all stores need that many employees in the morning, labor costs is the problem.

If these customers think it’s soo damn easy, then please by all means, apply and work there cuz it’s not all butterflies and unicorns every day. Hope this helps.